fbpx

MastersToolkit Installed, but Won't Run

Home Forums Support Forum Launcher Support MastersToolkit Installed, but Won't Run

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      IvySpice
      Participant

I downloaded the launcher for Windows then clicked to install the MastersToolkit and the Essentials Pack. Both seemed to install fine, but I can’t run anything but the launcher. When the launcher is closed, the MastersToolkit crashes immediately after opening the .exe file. When the launcher is open, the MastersToolkit file stays open, but only the initial logo is shown, and then the screen goes black and nothing else happens. I’ve tried opening the file several times, but the same thing keeps happening – just the logo shows briefly, then a black screen with no program features.

Please help me figure out how to fix this problem. Thanks!

Nathan
      Keymaster

Make sure you’re running the launcher as administrator, then launch the toolkit from it ๐Ÿ™‚

The Toolkit can only be ran from the launcherl

IvySpice
      Participant

Thank you, I finally got it up and running.

However, I got burned on my first use of the program. I spent hours learning how to build a good map and had a map that I thought looked pretty cool. Then, I clicked save, several times through the process, and decided to try working on a second map. I spent another hour or so on the second map, then after clicking save, tried to load the first map again, and to my dismay and shock, all of my work was gone except for the background image. Every lighting effect, every item, every feature I added to the map was gone! I then went back to my second map to see if that one saved, and it never even showed up. The map loaded blank, and not even the background image was there. I had also added several things to that map, so both of them are trashed now, and it’s no different than if I didn’t have the software at all.

I am already really close to asking for a refund, but if there is a way to fix this so that it NEVER happens again, I am willing to give it one more chance. I wasted a lot of time, and that is a big deal to me. My time is valuable, so I don’t like my work wasted. I like the idea of this program, but I really need it to work, and to reliably save everything as I create it. Please tell me there is a way to fix this for good. I can’t keep creating things over and over again when I saved it already.

leighpierce90

Ivyspice: please remember this software is in alpha.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey Ivy,

Really sorry to hear that happened! We’re still actively searching for bugs, and the good news is that you finding this one means that we can fix it up ๐Ÿ™‚

Can you shoot through the log file and .rwmap files to nathan@arkenforge.com?

Log file location:
      Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/player.log
      PC: C:/Users//AppData/LocalLow/Arkenforge/MastersToolkit/output_log.txt

Nathan
      Keymaster

This one has been solved ๐Ÿ™‚
      Maps were built on level 1, but by default load onto level 0. Made it appear that the maps weren’t there.

GiosueVonJigga
      Participant

So, I am having this problem as well. After running the launcher as admin, I have the launcher open, click on masters toolkit, and nothing happens. i can see the button being pressed but it never launches. I can launch the masters toolkit from its .exe file as admin, but it only works 1 in 10 times or so. just get logo screen and then black.

GiosueVonJigga
      Participant

After doing some experimenting, I found that as long as I click on the masters toolkit in the launcher, i can run the .exe and it works every time i try it.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Interesting. Do you have an apostrophe in your Masters Toolkit folder by any chance?

GiosueVonJigga
      Participant

Yes it does. I removed it and started the launcher and it needs me to install the masters toolkit again

Nathan
      Keymaster

All good ๐Ÿ™‚
      Point it to the folder you’ve already installed it to, and it should pick up the toolkit automatically.

RlNNlR
      Participant

Hey guys, for the last two days I have not been able to use the launcher. Everything shows up and then when I hit launch it shows the emblem and then just goes black. Then nothing else. I’ve also tried to open it up and click the “run repair tool” but it just says that it’s “downloading index file for repair process” on the bottom left. On the bottom right it says “downloading file…” but nothing happens. I’ve restarted, waited, etc. and can’t figure out how to be able to get back on the masters toolkit.
      Just a personal rant of worries.. It seems like every time I have some time to start working on our adventure I run into an issue where I can’t continue progress, which makes things tedious, but the biggest concern is just having the toolkit there and knowing it will be ready for the days I need it. I’m worried that the day we are ready to start playing the launcher won’t run or work properly. I really love the product guys I just really need more reliability.
      P.s. and to get back on would be nice lol ๐Ÿ™

Nathan
      Keymaster

What version of the launcher are you using? The repair tool has been discontinued for some time now.

If you’re below v2.0.0.0, you’ll have to redownload the launcher from the website l store

Khundrukar
      Participant

I have a very similar issue as GIOSUEVONJIGGA, I’ve installed the launcher and bought the Masters Toolkit, downloading everything to what i believe is correct, though when i click on either the Masters Toolkit or the Pack creator, literally nothing happens. I’ve tried running the Masters toolkit.exe directly from the file like GIOSUEVONJIGGA did and got the error message “This app can’t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with your software provider.” I’ve trouble shooted this error message and done many different things to try and bypass it, but to no avail. I’m using windows 10 pro, not sure if that has anything to do with it. there is also no apostrophe in my toolkit folder. My Arkenforge software’s are as follows

AF Launcher v2.2.4.2
      Masters toolkit v0.2.10.4
      Pack Creator v1.1.0.0

Not sure if this info will help but i figured it was worth mentioning.

Nathan
      Keymaster

It sounds like you may be running a 32bit version of Windows. The Toolkit is only compatible with 64bit.

Khundrukar
      Participant

well you’re not wrong. thanks for the insight. i’ll see about upgrading asap.

capkid
      Participant

Hi all,

got a similar Problem:

I tried to launch the creators Toolkit from the Launcher, Scrren goes to black and nothing is happening…tried all the tips written here by Nathan but nothing works.
      Iยดve also already tried to new install the launcher from the site but it wontยดt work.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top