- Company name
- Realmware pty. ltd. trading as Arkenforge
- Company location
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Officially founded in
- 17 March 2017
- Our pages/Social media
- Software Releases
- Arkenforge Launcher
- The Master’s Toolkit
- MT Touch Client
- Content pack releases
- Business mailing address
- 49 The boulevard
- 49 The boulevard
What is Arkenforge
Arkenforge is a software company creating The Master’s Toolkit – A Virtual Tabletop(VTT) and Mapmaking software for TTRPGs.
This includes the Arkenforge Launcher, The Master’s Toolkit software and creating digital assets (images/animations/audio) for tabletop role-playing games.
The Arkenforge Launcher is the base program that Launches: The Master’s Toolkit, The Beta of the Toolkit for testing experimental features, and the Arkenforge Touch Client (for touchscreen fog of war functions).
The Master’s Toolkit is a powerful and versatile piece of TTRPG Software.
Designed with an in-person play focus to enhance your TTRPG games with animated maps, dynamic lighting and fog of war, it is also an extremely comprehensive mapmaking software in it’s own right, with hundreds of assets and able to export maps to most major VTTs on the market for online play.
The Master’s Toolkit features a secondary “Player Screen” which only shows player-facing information and is perfect for screen sharing with players for remote/virtual play.
The Arkenforge Team:
- Nathan Beattie – Software development
- Dante Zsolt Szabo – Content production management
- James Smith – Content integration, Third-party content management
- Edina Sipos – Visual art
- Zsofia Mohai – Visual art
- Barbara Szanto – Visual Art
- Peter Horog – Animation
- Paul Watson – Plugin development
- 27/10/2017 – Kickstarter launches for the Toolkit and 4 fantasy content packs
- 12/11/2017 – Downloadable concept demo releases
- 07/12/2017 – Name change from Realmware to Arkenforge
- 24/12/2017 – Pre-Alpha backer version release, Arkenforge launcher release for windows
- 14/01/2018 – Essentials pack release
- 01/04/2018 – Public alpha release
- 26/05/2018 – Macintosh version release
- 03/11/2018 – The Wild pack release
- 21/01/2019 – Magical Effects release
- 10/05/2019 – 7 day free trial release
- 03/10/2019 – Halloween pack release
- 20/11/2019 – Towns and Cities release
- 24/12/2019 – Ice and Snow release
- 14/08/2020 – The Dungeons Deep release
- 30/01/2021 – Kickstarter launches for 4 sci-fi content packs with the Toolkit as a giveaway
- ~12000 users
The Master’s Toolkit software
The software costs $35 US, it includes the Essentials pack (discussed further below)
The Master’s Toolkit serves three main purpose:
- Prepare your adventures (maps, sound environments, playlists, notes)
- Run your adventures (dual screen support, line of sight, dynamic links)
- Publish your assets or adventures
Downloadable through the Arkenforge Launcher and needs the launcher to run. Once authenticated and downloaded it can run offline forever.
- Map building functions in 256PPI
- Extensive media support (images, animations, videos)
- Object manipulation (change hue, saturation, brightness, transparency, mirroring)
- Links can be embedded into the maps for various content (audio presets, notes, other maps)
- Multi-level support
- Various, customizable grid type support (hex, grid, isometric)
- Various export support (video, image, pdf)
- Music playlist building
- Individual instrument control (multi-stemmed audio support)
- Ambience building from audio loops and timed sound effects
- Randomized sound effect playback (multi-sampled audio support)
- Ambiences (sound effect presets) are embeddable or linkable to maps
- Sound effects can be organized onto a “launchpad”
- Sound exports with video maps
- Text formatting options
- Stereo audio with panning options
- Customizable templates
- Notes can be linked to maps or other notes
- Soundscape presets, maps can be linked and embedded to notes
- Ambient lighting system (Time of day function)
- Object lighting system
- Fog of war
- Line of sight
- Native Dual screen support (player’s version of the map projected to a secondary display)
Development roadmap - Under construction
The list of features currently available in Beta, and a rough roadmap going ahead.
Not updated yet
Arkenforge also creates first-party content packs to be used with the Master’s Toolkit software. We kickstarted our core content packs at the end of 2017. From 2018 -2020 we released the Fantasy Essentials (included with every Master’s toolkit software purchase), The Wild, Magical Effects, Halloween, Ice and Snow, Towns and Cities and Dungeons Deep.
In 2021 we have kickstarted the production of 4 Sci-fi themed content packs : The Sci-fi Essentials, Cyberpunk, Deeps Space and Wasteland.
Commercial license with attribution
Purchases of the first-party content comes with a Commercial license with attribution – this means customers can create professional content (map commissions, TTRPG adventure books with maps included etc) using Arkenforge.
All of our released content packs come with the following rights (with attribution, meaning that in the description of your product or in your stream you mention us and our website):
- Map exports (containing multiple assets) can be sold or shared
- Video maps with embedded audio from soundscapes can be sold or shared
- Soundscapes can be used for streams – those will not be flagged for copyright reasons
Things you can not do:
- Exporting then packaging individual map assets and then sharing or selling them
- Recording individual songs or sound effects and then sharing or selling them
- Recording output of soundscapes and using those in your feature film or game
The Arkenforge team
Our story begins with an ambitious Kickstarter in 2017, realizing our vision for a digital in-person Tabletop toolkit. To complete this project our weekly DND group ergo the 4 founders Nathan, Dante, Geri and Chris got together and with the help of a couple of childhood friends who happened to be visual artists, banded together and founded Realmware, that shortly became Arkenforge. Click on The People if you would like to know more about the team, or Our story if you are interested in how we founded the company.