Launcher Feedback Thread

Home Forums Support Forum Launcher Support Launcher Feedback Thread

Tagged: ,

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey folks!

Please post any and all feedback on the current state of the Launcher into this thread.

We’d love to know what issues you guys are having with it, and what you think could be done better for the next version we bring out.

This thread isn’t for bugs. Keep those as their own threads

JoshBrodieNZ
      Participant

Is the Launcher meant to fully restart when it says “The launcher has been updated and must restart” or is the intended behaviour that it exits and must be manually restarted? If so, it would be nice if the text could reflect that.

Mattybee
      Participant

Larger text size. The size of the text on a laptop is extremely small, blurry and hard to read πŸ™‚

Prickly Pear
      Participant

Same here. It is really hard to read the text in the launcher window.
      I don’t have any issues with anything else.

Prickly Pear
      Participant

And for comparison, the launcher window looks great on a Mac computer.

SchenkelSavage
      Participant

Is anyone else having problems just getting the launcher to stick around to put your username and password into it? It always disappears before i can get any info typed.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Run the launcher as admin ?

misterftw
      Participant

Hi! I just wanted to point out a small typo on the launcher. “Join the discussion and share your creations in our Facebook group” actually says “out” instead of “our”.

Kaminoimeji
      Participant

I cant seem to get it to patch or anything. It says its about to start but does nothing just sits on the main page.

paladwarf11
      Participant

new computer windows 10 i down loaded the launcher but it does not seem to patch and i can not dowload the tool kit. the launcher sas ver 2.2.4.2

Nathan
      Keymaster

Are you running the Launcher as admin?

You’re on the latest launcher version, so there’s no need for it to patch

Wernherus
      Participant

Just purchased the product, I cannot click on the masters toolkit download button, (greyed out)

Wernherus
      Participant

Just purchased the product, I cannot click on the masters toolkit download button, (greyed out)

Wernherus
      Participant

Now it lists as “Qeued” I dont know what folder to downoad the content to…this is a little frustraiting for an old man with limited computer talent…HELP!

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey Wernherus. Are you running the launcher as administartor?

HuesOfHodges
      Participant

My launcher has shrunk with the new patch. In addition, when I started it up this morning I keep getting a patch failed error, AND When I start the Master Toolkit I get an error message and nothing but white screen that doesn’t go away.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Looks like a corrupt toolkit patch. You’ll have to do a reinstall. Make sure to back up your maps first ?

The launcher resizing issue seems to be a retina display thing. I’ll put out a launcher patch soon and fix it up

ravenlark
      Participant

Scaling: The text size doesn’t scale well, especially on smaller displays. On my 15-inch laptop (1366×768), the launcher and toolkit are both nearly impossible to read. On my 24-inch desktop monitor (1920×1080), they are easier to read but still not extremely clear. Additionally, the Master’s Toolkit logo isn’t displayed at the smaller resolution, but shows up on the larger one. You can see what this looks like here: https://imgur.com/3tYAzq5

Pack Loader: The file browser for the pack loader is cumbersome to use, especially when you need to import many pack files at once. I downloaded all of the freely available community packs, and it took me a good 5-10 minutes to import them all one-by-one. A multi-select capability for the files would greatly increase usability.

tracer787
      Participant

Hi. I didn’t see this thread first. I am trying to install on my laptop with Vista. I figured out how to install and run as admin, then I try to open and run as admin. It says the .exe file has stopped working, in detail the event says appcrash. Thanks for any help.

OminousGiggle
      Participant

Really minor note.
      When you are installing v3.0 and it detects that v2.0 had been installed before, it has a message that’s saying it wants to make sure it’s updating you to v0.3 (instead of 3.0)
      As I said, really minor typo. made me chuckle a bit though.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Ahh, that’s intentional.

At that stage, it’s upgrading your Toolkit to v0.3 πŸ™‚

ShadowWarrior173
      Participant

Only what several others have already mentioned. On a laptop the on-screen text is so tiny it is illegible and the window cannot be resized.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey Shadow,

Are you on v3.0+ of the Launcher?

Jkrick19
      Participant

The first time I ran the launcher, I got a window with 90 something tips. I accidentally cliked “OK, got it” without reading any of them and now I can’t find a way to bring them back. Any help would be nice.

BigDog054
      Participant

Help
      Launcher doesn’t recognise my user name or password and keeps saying “username can’t be empty”
      Trying to run the free trial before I buy

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey bigdog,

Can you shoot through a screenshot of your launcher with the error?

orbsplayground
      Participant

How long should it take to update from 3.3.1.0 to 3.3.1.1? I think its wonderful that I get updates but on my windows 10 machine it has been running over an hour to update (it doesnt look like its looping it says downloading patch from remote server then the numbers flash by fast, then it says downloading again with percentages, hash checking then back to numbers flashing. Its like I would be better downloading the whole program and reinstalling every time an update is made available because I could download it faster than the update takes.

orbsplayground
      Participant

How long should it take to update from 3.3.1.0 to 3.3.1.1? I think its wonderful that I get updates but on my windows 10 machine it has been running over an hour to update (it doesnt look like its looping it says downloading patch from remote server then the numbers flash by fast, then it says downloading again with percentages, hash checking then back to numbers flashing. Its like I would be better downloading the whole program and reinstalling every time an update is made available because I could download it faster than the update takes.

still running only now it looks like 3.3.1.2 is updating… over 24 hours of updates!

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey there!

If an update takes over 10 minutes, something has gone wrong. Cancelling the update and restarting the Launcher usually fixes the problem.

misthero
      Participant

My launcher always say 1 update available, no matter how much I repair it or restart it.

Is that a real update? anything else I can do?

Update available

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey misthero!

If you look on the bottom right of your screenshot, you’ll see that there’s an update available for the Essentials Pack πŸ™‚

misthero
        Participant

Hey misthero!

If you look on the bottom right of your screenshot, you’ll see that there’s an update available for the Essentials Pack πŸ™‚

wait.. what.. omg.. I’m blind, so sorry…

girhen
      Participant

So I jumped into here with a mission and blazed past this forum section. I have a suggestion thread on the launcher.

In short, it’s really busy, and the button to fire up Master’s Toolkit is not obvious enough. There are buttons at the top, buttons at the bottom, buttons on the right sidebar, more buttons left of the right sidebar, and then a couple blocks that look out of place talking about “Streaming”.

Simplify the process. Make sure the button mentions that you’re launching Master’s Toolkit. Use the Master’s Toolkit icon for the launch, or a wide button with the label inside it like before. Make it grand, stick out, and be bigger than the rest. The alpha/beta version option should probably be smaller and mention that it’s a buggier version.

I get you want to advertise, but maybe have a tab for the store. Same for content packs and community options. There’s so much on the launcher now that it’s information overload to show everything at once. When I get to the actual Toolkit, it’s so nice and simple by comparison.

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey Girhen,

Thanks for the feedback! We updated the Launch buttons to more clearly show the Masters Toolkit.

It didn’t cross our minds until the release that most users aren’t aware of the public/test stream system.

Tersival
      Participant

#1 – I came across this thread looking for a way to revert from full-screen to windowed launcher.

I’m looking at launcher version 4.0.0.2 and wondering how you changed the launch buttons “to more clearly show the Masters Toolkit”. I’ve got TEST STREAM and PUBLIC STREAM buttons but no Master’s Toolkit button. Couple of colourful circles that look a lot like those buttons, but they do nothing.

For someone learning the product your buttons are frequently confusing. I want to make maps with the Master’s Toolkit, but which button launchers the map maker? What is Test Stream vs Public Stream? Test? Public? Stream? Do I need both to be up to date? What’s the benefit of test vs public or vice versa? What do all the buttons across the top do?

This pops up in the applications within the Toolkit itself too. First page inside the Master’s Toolkit has World: and Campaign: at the bottom with NO info on how to complete those fields. I click on the Tutorials button (yay a button with pop-up info) and get “No Tutorials Available” next to “Loading your tutorial”, same with the Community Videos button. Really? In the Soundscapes interface, why does the big square icon at the bottom left of the Soundscapes interface, the icon that means “stop” on just about every other interface I’ve ever seen, seem to do nothing and I have to get to the weird double triangle icon on the bottom right to STOP sounds playing?

Please(!), have mercy on your newbie customers. Make the “Launch stable Master’s Toolkit” button the clearly most prominent.

Don’t make us randomly click buttons to see what happens. Link some subtitle or pop-up info to the buttons so we have an idea what they do before we click on them.

There’s clearly huge potential in this application but every unproductive confusing click is another “frak-u-noob” push to find an easier to learn product and don’t bother telling your friends about this one.

#2 – Why did you jump from window mode launcher to full screen without any option to stick to the window mode I/we were comfortable with?

# 3 – Please dial back on the black and garish colours. Leave the brightest vibrant colours for the maps so our eyes aren’t bleeding before we getting through the menus.

Nathan
        Keymaster

Hey Tersival!

We’re bringing out a Launcher update in the next couple of months to address a lot of your feedback, as well as redesigning the Toolkit UI to be a lot more user friendly πŸ™‚

In answer to your points though:

1. v4.0.0.2 is an old bugged version of the Launcher. You’ll either need to log out + restart the launcher to get the update, or grab the latest version from the website. Once you’ve updated, you’ll see popups for all of the buttons that explain functionality.

Hovering over the Launch button for the Test stream shows that it’s for our experimental builds, but we’ll work on making that clearer. It’s something that’s been opt-in for quite a while now, but we decided to make it easier to access, as well as allowing both Test and Stable to be installable at the same time.

2. You can use Alt + Enter to put the Launcher in windowed mode

3. Our current redesign is doing exactly that πŸ™‚ You can see the current progress in the Test stream version of the Toolkit.

Tersival
      Participant

Hey Tersival!

We’re bringing out a Launcher update in the next couple of months to address a lot of your feedback, as well as redesigning the Toolkit UI to be a lot more user friendly πŸ™‚

In answer to your points though…

Thank you Nathan, sincerely. The quick and positive feedback I’ve had from the Arkenforge team is (so far) the best feature of the app.

The mapping is pretty good too πŸ˜‰

journeymanjm
      Participant

Hi, I’m getting an unzipping error on the launcher updater. When I tried to update earlier today it completely messed up the launcher and it wouldn’t open. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and now I’m getting this zipping error

Nathan
      Keymaster

Hey there journey!

Can you send through a screenshot of the problem?

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top