How to Uninstall for Fresh Install

Home Forums Support Forum Launcher Support How to Uninstall for Fresh Install

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chramesly 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Chramesly
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to have buggered up somewhere and the launcher was playing up. I’d love to give some explanation, but alas it’s a mess of moving folders and taking stuff from one computer to another and such.

So I tried what Win98 taught me – uninstall and reinstall. This time I was going to put it in a better location. When I did, however, it seemed to remember all the old paths and stuff, and I couldn’t install the packs.

How do I do a full uninstall?

EDIT: The new install gets an “Unzipping error” when “Downloading file LauncherPatcher.zip from remote server!”

Regards,
    Chris

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Chramesly.

Nathan
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

You can hopefully fix this by clearing the registry. The section you need to remove is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Arkenforge -> ArkenforgeLauncher

Chramesly
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response!

I went in and deleted this. I uninstalled the program, deleted the registry keys, and reinstalled. Unfortunately I got another unzipping error. :/

Is that something I can do manually? My current launcher is 3.2.4.1, based off the current install.

[P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] Installation started!
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] PATH: – D:\Arkenforge\ArkenforgeLauncher/LauncherPatcher/
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] logPath: – D:\Arkenforge\ArkenforgeLauncher\\logs\error.log
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] Checking… – Checking for remote service!
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] – Attempting to download file: ftp://ftp.arkenforge.com/LauncherPatcher/Build/LauncherPatcher.zip
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] Downloader – true
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:30:12 AM] Downloading file… – Downloading file LauncherPatcher.zip from remote server!
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:31:55 AM] Extracting contents –
    [P.A.T.C.H. – 6/12/2019 9:31:55 AM] Could not find file “D:\Arkenforge\ArkenforgeLauncher\LauncherPatcher\LauncherPatcher.zip”.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Chramesly. Reason: Adding error log

Nathan
    Keymaster

For some reason thing haven’t been fully downloading for some users lately. It’s been a very frustrating issue.

Here’s a link to download the launcher patcher: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgx4mfit0pi54lo/LauncherPatcher.zip?dl=1

Just extract that into the LauncherPatcher folder in your Launcher install folder and you should be good to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Chramesly
    Participant

Yes! That absolutely worked, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Being a white, middle-class male, I was about to make suggestions despite 0 coding experience. Rather than that, I’ll just reaffirm that this program is amazing and really enhances the play. Keep up the great work!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Chramesly. Reason: Fixing wording for clarity

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.