Compass

Home Forums Support Forum Feature requests Compass

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Micconos 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Micconos
    Participant

Request: A toggable Compass showing the direction of north (perhaps similar to this: compass). The compass should always be visible, and stay in place when the map is moved or zoomed. Perhaps with an option to place on a predefined position on the screen, lower-left, uppper-right, etc.

Reason: My group and I finished our first play session using Master’s Toolkit. Generally it went very well.

However, one thing that caused confusion was when I (the GM) tried to explain directory, i.e. North/South/East/West.

Since the players were sitting around the table (with the built-in screen), directions wasn’t necessary “logical” for all participants. Since the map was oriented as “North” viewed from my directly, the player sitting to my right, had a different “viewing angle”, and when I told them a noice/sound came from the east, they were some what confused 🙂

Shane Orr
    Participant

I agree! One of my players drew a compass on a post-it note and stuck it to the corner of the screen so they could keep track.

James Smith

In the James Community Pack, there is a Compass Rose object you can place on the Map and move as needed to point North.

James Smith
    Community Ambassador

Micconos
    Participant

In the James Community Pack, there is a Compass Rose object you can place on the Map and move as needed to point North.

Sure, I’ve already thought about it, but I think it would be a poor workaround. You would have to move it around constantly to keep it inside the “viewable” area of the player map. Also, I use the “Fog of War” feature, so each time I move the Compass to keep it inside the viewable area of the player map, I would also have to erase Fog of War in that area that I moved the compass to.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.