Hey folks! A new competition is upon us!
“You’ve been tasked by our great Queen to construct a glorious new vessel to sail the rivers of our land. The boat can have any purpose – transport, war, entertainment… It really doesn’t matter. She just REALLY wants to see a flashy new boat, and I don’t want us to be the ones to disappoint her…”
Over the next two weeks, you’ll be tasked with building a boat in this river:
The winner, as chosen by the community, will gain either a copy of the Master’s Toolkit, or one Arkenforge pack of their choice. All users are free to enter, even those on trial accounts!
As a lot of our boat assets are in the Towns and Cities pack, we’ve unlocked that pack for all accounts for the duration of the competition.
The base map and instructions can be found here: https://arkenforge.co/BoatBuilderComp
Happy boat building! We’re excited to see what comes out of your shipyards!
The important competition info:
- All entrants must use only the Master’s Toolkit software to build their map. (PC – v0.4.1.1, Mac – v0.4.1.0)
- Boats must be built on the provided ‘Boat Competition’ map file, downloadable here: https://arkenforge.co/BoatBuilderComp
- Boats must have a ‘below-deck’ on level 0, and an ‘above-deck’ on level 1.
- Entrants can only use assets from the Fantasy Essentials pack and Towns and Cities pack when building their boat.
- Imported content, community content, or third party packs are not allowed to be used.
- The completed boat (including sails) must fit in the provided section of river. The river can’t be made wider or longer (the folks in charge don’t have that kind of terraforming budget).
- Entries must be submitted using the ‘Upload map to community’ button in the Map Settings window of the Toolkit.
- All map entries can be used by Arkenforge for marketing purposes.
- Entrants will retain all rights to maps they create, including potential commercialisation.
- The Arkenforge team will select the top 5 entrants, with the final winner being selected by community vote.
May 1: Competition begins
May 14: Submissions close
May 16: Top 5 entrants are selected and announced. Community voting begins
May 22: Community voting ends, winners are announced, prize is awarded
Map and information: