Toggle Player/Dm view in Cartographer

Home Forums Support Forum Masters Toolkit Support Toggle Player/Dm view in Cartographer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan 3 months ago.

• Author

Ayelwen
    Participant

I am unable to get the Toggle player/dm view button to work. The one on the left hand toolbox in Cartographer. Doesn’t seem to change anything. In previous versions, this would let me pan or zoom the map for either the player, or the dm.

James Smith

That’s puzzling. Have you tried it after saving your map and restarting the Toolkit? Also, which version are you on?

James Smith
    Community Ambassador

Nathan
    Keymaster

Hey Ayelwen,

Do you have a second screen activated? You currently need your player screen activated in order to select the option.

Ayelwen
    Participant

Yes, second player screen is activated. I can’t activate it in cartographer, but in Scenario it works fine.
    Also, I always update if it states there’s a new version. 0.3.1.16

Nathan
    Keymaster

Ahh, that explains it! The one in cartographer only hides objects the players aren’t meant to see. It doesn’t say player screen control. Only scenario does that.

Ayelwen
    Participant

Video of the Toggle button not displaying nor changing controls.

If I go to Scenario instead of cartographer, this really bad squish occurs (this skew video should apply to the resolution thread i have as well)

Nathan
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

The first video is currently by design, as it’s intended to visualise what players will see while building maps, not to be used in-game. Scenario is where player map control comes in.

I can change the text in cartographer to ‘visualise player screen’ to be more clear ๐Ÿ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.