• 18/06/2018 at 01:08 #3027
    jayjaygee7500
    Participant

I am attempting to make a three store keep with a work able roof. In this I have created the basement on level -1 and the main floor on 0 with no problem. I started the second story on 1 and it seems to be creating weird shadows that mirror the first floor on 0. Am I using the program incorrect or is this a bug that can be fixed?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • 18/06/2018 at 02:29 #3032
    Nathan Beattie
    Keymaster

Ahh, that’s an intended feature. It counts as a roof, so it blocks a little bit of the ambient light.

This is one that’s confused a few people, so we may add in a setting to disable the feature

• 18/06/2018 at 08:28 #3038
    jayjaygee7500
    Participant

To be able to toggling that would be good my main thing is the object from the 1st floor being present as a shadow on the second floor. If the second floor is a roof of the 1st once you put the floor layer down it should cover up anything on the second floor.

• 18/06/2018 at 10:51 #3042
    Nathan Beattie
    Keymaster

Yeah, it definitely should. I need to write a shader so that shadows don’t get darker when they overlap.

• 19/06/2018 at 04:16 #3054
    jayjaygee7500
    Participant

Okay that sounds great!!!!

• 06/07/2018 at 08:57 #3527
    aruffini
    Participant

I was about to post about this, so I’m happy to know that it’s not a bug. 🙂 It was really starting to confuse me. And I agree, a toggle would be great. But, I will say that mine is happening with things that are on the same floor. I designed everything earlier today. Saved, closed, and came back to it to find rugs and torches under the floor. I’m assuming this is part of the same “feature” but just not 100% sure. I have a 4 leveled structure (Starting at 0 and going down to -4) and the top and bottom levels look great.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by aruffini.
  • 06/07/2018 at 12:25 #3531
    Nathan Beattie
    Keymaster

Can you shoot through a screenshot of what you mean by rugs and torches being under the floor?

• 07/07/2018 at 00:49 #3539
    aruffini
    Participant

Sure thing. I tired to do it as an attachment last time, but I guess that didn’t work.

As you can see, the torch, fire, carpet, and some of the walls are just shadows. But, it I delete the dungeon floor, everything comes back, except the walls. And I noticed while I was playing around with adjusting the order of items, other items were becoming “hidden”, as it were, as well. It was like as I moved something to the top, something else was being pushed to below the floor.

• 07/07/2018 at 01:13 #3542
    Nathan Beattie
    Keymaster

Looks like a classic layering bug.

Can you send the .rwmap file to me at nathan@arkenforge.com?

• 07/07/2018 at 01:25 #3543
    aruffini
    Participant

Sure can! I just emailed you the file. 🙂

• 10/07/2018 at 14:40 #3726
    Nathan Beattie
    Keymaster

Sorry this one took a little while to get to.

If you save and load the map, the layering system will reorder everything and your map should appear correctly. It all loaded perfectly on my end 🙂

Looks like there’s some slight issues with the layering system when placing objects.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.